Saturday, March 6, 2010

Honda CB125 Dream

The concept is to build a low cost Honda CR 110 replica from an early Honda CB125 twin.  The Idea originally came from wanting to create a bucket racer and as I started gathering information I came across the CR 110 replica fiberglass tanks and seats for the Honda CB125 twin. The race kits were expensive and I only had a budget of $2,000. A friend suggested ebay and yahoo auctions which I thought would be too difficult and a waist of time. I was so wrong.

In the first week of searching I bought the CB125 for $600 off ebay and Honda dream 50 clip-ons, fuel tank, seat,cowl and rearset from Yahoo auctions japan for $650. The next stage is to strip the bike, modify the frame and repaint. Once this is done the fuel tank and seat will fit. The rear suspension  will be lifted and then modifications will be done to fit the clip-ons and rearset.  I plan on rebuilding the engine last. It will be tough with only $800 remaining but lets see what I can do.